Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good Morning, Sam!


Sometimes in the morning, Ben and I wake up at the same time. When Ben wakes up, he likes to leave the bedroom and find Mommy or Daddy.

I, of course, am unfairly confined to my crib and am forced to wail until someone comes and rescues me so you'll understand why I get a little miffed when Ben runs off without me.

Now that I am learning more words, I am able to express myself more effectively.

Ben and I had this conversation on Saturday morning:

Me (just waking up): Dada, dada, dada, dada, dada, Ben, Ben, Ben
(Then, seeing Ben trying to sneak out the door)
Me: No!
Ben: I'm going out there now
Me: No!
Ben: I'll be right back
Me: No!
Ben (walking to the window and pulling back the shade): See, Sammy, it's daytime. It's time to get up.
Me: Train!
Ben: I'm going out there now
Me: No!
Ben: Yes!
Me: Done!
Ben: Does "done" mean "yes"?
Me: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Ben: (whimper)
(Daddy finally comes in and rescues us)

If Ben can figure out how to get me out of the crib maybe I will be a little more lenient letting him leaving the room.

2 comments:

Grammy said...

Cute, cute, cute. Brothers sharing a morning wake-up. Poor Ben trying to explain he will be right back and Sammy doesn't understand. Love you boys very much.

Love, Grammy and Papa

Dawn Aldrich said...

Sam,
You are doing so well at speaking your mind! Keep up the good work! Now just swing those legs over the top of your crib rail and shimmy down. You'll be able to make Ben feel so much better about leaving the room with you! Ben is a good brothher!He's very concerned for your feelings.